This week I will try to give money saving tips about beauty and fashion in straight 5 days!
Let’s start with the hair…
Professional Hair Salon: $75 to $200. Coloring can cost between $75 or $200 or more (depending which salon here in Los Angeles and how long is your hair)
Home Coloring: less than $15. I bought John Freida Precision Foam Hair Color at Walgreens.
$avings: $60 to $185
“No drips, no stains, same salon effect, easy breezy!”
For many years I have been going to the salon to have my hair color done. One of the many reasons I go to a salon is because I hate the drips and stains it bring to the bathroom tiles, sink, everywhere! So I stopped coloring my own hair. Not until I stumbled into John Freida Precious Foam Color! It’s much easier now. Although you still have to mix two kinds of liquids into one bottle, it is now foam-based so there is no accidental drip!
Of course there are advantages and disadvantages from getting your hair done in the salon and at home. Note that my hair is short so it is easier for me to handle my own coloring. Had it been that my hair still long, I would still consider going to the salon.
Tips Before Colouring (Source: John Freida website)
- After shampooing your hair, wait at least 24 hours before colouring
- Perform a skin allergy test 48 hours before use
- Follow the instructions carefully
- Select a shade no more than 2 levels away from your current colour
- If you have bleached, highlighted, permed or relaxed hair, wait 2 weeks
- Always apply to dry hair
- Do not wear accessories or use metal tools
- Before applying, comb your hair to detangle it
- If colour touches the skin, wipe it off immediately