For a recent home party I decided to cook Mac and Cheese in a cup and prepare some fruit kabobs for the kids.
The Fruit Kabob was a hit. It encourages everyone to take at least take one stick and have their fruit servings. It made it easier for me as a parent to feed my son and other kids as well.
The fruit kabob consisted of blueberry, strawberry, strawberry shaped and flavored marshmallows, pineapple and seedless grapes.
As for the Mac and Cheese in a cup, I suggest you use baking cups or liners to make sure they keep their shape (and to make it prettier too!)
Here’s my recipe for Mac and Cheese: Inspired from Easy Pleasy Mac N Cheese US Navy Style recipe here
1 lb Elbow Macaroni
1 lb Velveeta Cheese
2 Cans Cheddar Cheese Soup
2 Cups Sour Cream
1/2 Cup Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese
1 Cup Milk
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 cup crushed Ritz crackers
1/4 cup melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Grease the muffin pan then (optionally) put in your baking cups or liners
3. Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, put in the macaroni and occasionally stir to make sure it doesn’t stick together. Do not cover the pasta.
4. When pasta is cooked, drain well in a colander and set in the sink.
5. Get another pot and melt together the Velveeta cheese, cheddar cheese soup, sour cream, Parmesan cheese and milk. Use salt and pepper to taste.
6. In a smaller pot, put the melted butter and the crushed Ritz crackers. Stir until it is golden brown.
7. Pour the macaroni into the pot that holds your melted cheese and ingredients in #5 and mix them together.
9. Scoop your mac and cheese into the muffin pan.
10. Sprinkle your buttered Ritz crackers on top.
11. Cover the dish with aluminum foil for 30 mins.