WHAT: How to look good without makeup?
Simple, have clear and healthy skin. You can Google as many answers as you like but the bottom line is having good skin.
We use makeup not to hide our beauty but instead to enhance what we already have. The more natural the make up is, the better. In fact, do you notice that the more natural-looking the cosmetic is, the more expensive it is? Same reason why air brushing is so popular and the most effective cosmetics in the world are expensive. Why do you think many women pay top dollar for the best moisturizer and best dermatologist? Because they make their skin beautiful and flawless. Both common goals are to have great skin. The more flawless your face is, the less makeup you need. Magazines “photoshop” their cover girls left and right to make their skin appear perfect, natural and effortless.
Therefore, having great skin and not ever needing to wear makeup is one of best compliments you can receive from anybody.
HOW: Now, the million dollar question is how do you achieve clear skin?
1. Clean your face regularly. I don’t care what method or product you use but wash your face regularly.
2. You don’t need to invest in the most expensive moisturizer. Just find out what works best for you. It can be as simple as cleaning your face with Barlean’s Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, 16-Ounce Jaror as exotic as Cle De Peau Beaute Cle De Peau Beaute The Cream U 1.8oz./50ml but just use something that’s compatible with your face.
3. If over the counter beauty products don’t work, seek professional help. Address your skin issues and take them seriously. Just like what Andrea Pomerantz Lustig said in her book, How to Look Expensive: A Beauty Editor’s Secrets to Getting Gorgeous without Breaking the Bank, “Beauty is power. When your hair is polished, you feel polished. When you get your skin under control, you feel more in control of your life. The right lipstick color can lift your mood better than Prozac…”
4. Educate yourself. Here’s a sample of a very affordable book that help you improve your skin using natural methods like:
5. Last but not least, show confidence but not too much or else it becomes arrogance. Learn how to carry yourself just right. You can have the best skin in the world but if you don’t have enough trust in yourself, it’s not any different from a bad skin day.