How to save money shopping at Target?
Easy, apply for the Target REDcard!
Btw, I am not an affiliate of Target. I just simply want to share this good tip because until this day, I still meet a lot of people who shop a lot at Target but don’t have the REDCard. If you shop frequently at Target there is no reason to not apply for the REDCard!
I think, one of the main reasons why some people don’t have it is because they assume that Target REDCard is just another store credit card. But no. With Target REDCard, you have the option to attach it with your credit card or debit card. I use mine as a debit card so I incur no debt when shopping at Target. Since I had the REDCard, I never pay full price anymore for any target item! Instead, I save 5% for each item! (or at least most items!)
Here are some Key Features of Target REDCard (source: http://www.moneycrashers.com/target-redcard-review-debit-card-cash-back)
- Application Can Be Completed In-Store or by Mail. Applicants who apply in-store must provide a voided check. Otherwise, customers can print out and mail in their application.
- Direct Debit Features. Charges at Target are deducted directly from the cardholder’s checking account, regardless of bank or financial institution.
- Discounts at Target. When using a REDcard, Target customers receive a 5% discount on qualifying purchases. This includes most items, with some exceptions including gift cards, prescription drugs, and medical services.
- Free Shipping From Target.com. Cardholders are eligible to receive free shipping for online orders, with no minimum purchase requirement..
- No Annual Fee. There is no fee to use this card, though there are returned payment fees that vary based on the state in which the cardholder resides
Plus! If you are a Starbucks lover or know someone who loves Starbucks and planning to buy Starbucks items as a gift, it is best to buy mugs, coffee beans (aside from buying coffee itself) and other Starbucks-wares at Starbucks inside Target stores. Why? Because you get 5% discount too with any Starbucks purchase! In fact, I just bought myself a Starbucks Double Wall Ceramic Mug Traveler and saved 5%! Hey don’t pass up 5% savings because saving is still saving $$!