How to cook Nasi Goreng in less than 5 minutes:
Nasi Goreng is an Indonesian fried rice and comes in many varieties. There is no single recipe of nasi goreng, as every fried rice dish with certain mixtures, additions, ingredients, and toppings could lead to another recipe of nasi goreng. Usually, in Indonesian households, the ingredients of nasi goreng to be prepared for daily breakfast are the leftovers of the previous day’s meals preserved in the refrigerator, with vegetables and eggs added. However, I find that the newly cooked rice tastes better and easier to cook than the previous day’s rice because it has no clumps and the texture is not dry.
Servings: Recipe makes 2-3 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes or less
Ready in: 10 minutes
- 2 regular (or heirloom) Tomatoes cut in cubes
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup mixed vegetables (Green peas and carrots)
- 2 cups of cooked rice
- 1 pack of Bamboe Nasi Goreng Fried Rice, 1.2-Ounce (Pack of 12)
(This is available in most asian market or it comes in 12 pack at Amazon.com).
1. Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a skillet over medium heat and fry the eggs.
2. Stir in the tomatoes, carrots and peas.
3. Pour the cooked rice and mixed all the ingredients. Break all the clumps in the rice.
4. Pour all the contents of the Bamboe Nasi Goreng mix and mix them altogether.