Updated: June 19, 2011
Who we are
Emily Recommends is a website about sharing unique content about fashion, beauty, lifestyle, etc. every day. We respect your rights to privacy and will only process personal data you provide to us.
If you have any questions about how we collect, store and use personal data, or if you have any other privacy-related questions, please e-mail us at: info@EmilyRecommends.com.
An important note about children
We do not and will not knowingly collect information from any unsupervised child under the age of 16. You must not create, submit a post or attempt to create any information or encourages use or registration by any unsupervised child under the age of 16. If you are under the age of 16, you may not register with any Network, submit a content or use any of the Services unless you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian.
The personal data we collect
When you access and browse our website, we may collect the following information:
1. Your name;
2. Your age and date of birth;
3. Your e-mail address;
4. any other personal data that you choose to upload to including photos, media, blogs, postings, photographs, messages, location, hobbies and interests and other personal details.
In addition, we may collect anonymised details about visitors to our Services for the purposes of aggregate statistics or reporting purposes. However, no single individual will be identifiable from the anonymised details that we collect for these purposes.
How we may store and use information
We (or third party data processors acting on our behalf) may collect, store and use personal data listed above relating to you and your users for the following purposes:
1. to make the Services available to you and to provide you and your users with content which is tailored to your or their individual tastes;
2. to provide services that you or they request;
3. to further develop and improve the services;
4. to maintain and support any customer account that you have with us;
5. to include (or to permit the inclusion of) advertising within the Services of our own and third party products, services and promotions that we or they think may interest you;
6. We may contact you (as applicable) with products, services and promotions (including by SMS and e-mail) which we think may interest you; and
7. We may disclose your (as applicable) personal data to carefully chosen third parties so that they may contact you or them with products, services and promotions (including by SMS and e-mail) which they think may interest you.
8. All postings or work submitted to Emily Recommends.com is bounded by the Guest Blogger Agreement and Terms. Please refer to these documents for more information.
9. If a third party acquires all (or substantially all) of our business and/or assets, we may disclose personal data about you and your users to that third party in connection with the acquisition.
We may also disclose personal data about you where we are required to do so by applicable law, by order of a court, by a governmental body or by a law enforcement agency. We may also disclose personal data about you in the context of investigating or reporting any issue arising in connection with activity by you or content supplied or purporting to be supplied by you, to you or on your or their behalf that we reasonably believe could be unlawful or otherwise in breach of our terms of service.
Whilst we take appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard the personal data that you and your users provide to us, no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed secure. Consequently, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you transfer over the Internet to us.
You have the following rights:
1. You have the right to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge; and
2. the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
However, We have the right to remove any photo, content and everything else we believe to be inappropriate for the website without your knowledge or consent.
Third party sites